This will be a marvelous opportunity for you all to gather with other yoga students for a few days of enjoyable Iyengar Yoga study and practice, and other special events, in downtown Chicago.
All interested yoga practitioners are invited to attend, whether you're a beginner or a more seasoned student, and whether you practice Iyengar yoga or another tradition.
During the conference you'll be assigned to general asana and pranayama classes in the mornings based on your experience level, and taught by 9 of the Advanced Level Yoga teachers from around the country (including Ann Arbor's Laurie Blakeney). In the afternoons, you'll also be able to choose from a variety of classes that cover different topics, taught by regional Intermediate Level teachers (including yours truly).
There are a number of special events and activities being planned, including:
- Keynote address by paraplegic Iyengar Yoga Teacher, Matthew Sanford.
- Presentation of B.K.S. Iyengar yoga practice film accompanied by cellist (and Iyengar Yoga teacher) Alicia Rowe, from Ann Arbor
- Dinner circles for dining with old friends or new acquaintances
- A practice salon where you can practice between classes if you wish
- An art exhibit highlighting the work of midwest artists and yoga practitioners
- Various movies being shown about Iyengar yoga during afternoon breaks.
Especially watch the delightful short video of Iyengar Yoga: From Pune, India to Chicago, USA !
Registration will open on April 1, 2011.